General Event Permit Application
Thank you for contacting this City of Auburn, Alabama. We recognize the City has experienced exponential growth in recent years. With this growth we understand that events such as outdoor concerts, auctions, athletic events, street fairs and associated concessions, parades, and other similar events are vital to our community. We look forward to helping you plan your next special event within the City of Auburn. The information detailed below and the associated application form outlines the guidelines for use of City Property. Please note, the application does not grant approval, but places your event for consideration.
City of Auburn Special Events Committee
In order to facilitate the smooth transition and planning of your special event the City has established a Special Event Permit that is overseen by the Special Events Committee. This Committee is comprised of individuals from the Finance Department, Police Division, Fire Division, Inspection Services Department, Planning Services Department, Environmental Services Department, Public Works Department and Parks and Recreation Department.
|Event Component||City Department/Division||Phone Number|
|Initial Event Coordination, Zoning Certificate||Planning||(334) 501-3040|
|Event Security (Required)||Public Safety, Police and Fire||(334) 501-3110|
|Electrical Service Permits, Tent Inspection, Temporary Toilets||Inspection Services||(334) 501-3170|
|Business Licenses, Permit Fees||Finance, Revenue||(334) 501-7239|
|Event Clean Up, Temporary Toilets||Environmental Services||(334) 501-3080|
|Events on City Property||Parks and Recreation||(334) 501-2930|
|Generators, Power Needs||Public Works||(334) 501-3024|
Completing and Submitting Your Application
- There is a non-refundable application fee of $75 due at the time of your application which can be paid via cash or check to the Revenue Office at 144 Tichenor Avenue, Suite 6, Auburn, AL, 36830.
- This event form and permit application is designed to cover a variety of special events in the Auburn area; not all sections will apply to your event. If that is the case, please mark “N/A” in the appropriate space.
- All required maps and attachments related to your event should be in PDF, Word, or Excel format.
- All applications are due no earlier than one year prior to your event and no later than 45 days before the event. In the instance of a late application, a $50 late fee will be charged
- We recommend submitting your application via email to email@example.com as well as through United States Postal Service
- If your event requires additional staff and or other charges and/or your event incurs additional charges without notice, the City reserves the right to invoice the applicant for these charges.